Infosys Interview Experience-1

Infosys Interview Pattern - Madurai - 18/9/16
Hi guys.

I was placed in Infosys (intern+job). Prepared only for 3 days.

Round- 1

In the online test there are 3 section Aptitude, English, Reasoning. There are sectional cutoff also in each section so be careful about that. The online test level is average aptitude and reasoning is simple but English is hard. After the online test interview take place. It is quit easy.

Written exam has 3 categories.

1. Aptitude - 10 questions 35 minutes.
2. Reasoning - 15 questions 25 minutes.
3. Verbal - 40 questions 35 minutes.

The main areas of the test is follows.

1. Test-Section I/Arithmetic Reasoning and Analytical Thinking - 25 minutes - 15 questions.

- Data interpretation - 5 questions.
- Syllogisms - 5 questions.
- Data sufficiency - 5 questions.

2. Test-Section II/ Mathematical Critical Thinking and Logical Reasoning - 35 minutes - 10 questions.

- Permutation and Combination - 2 questions.
- Alligation or Mixture - 1 question.
- Number series - 1 question.
- Cryptarithmetic - 1 question.
- Puzzle - 5 questions.

3. Test Section III/Test of Communicative English - 35 minutes - 40 questions.

- Critical Reasoning/Theme Detection.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Sentence Correction.
- Reading Comprehension.

Just prepare the above topics alone. These are the topic they deal with please prepare for verbal well. Actually, I'm very weak in quants and I hate to learn quants. I realized my weakness and found ways to how to make it strong, yea it's Infosys because they deal mostly in verbal. I don't prepare for verbal since I was confident that I can solve verbal part.

Time limit here was so stuffy, first, solve the questions as fast as you can, allot last 2 minutes to answer the remaining questions in guess (just click any option), please don't leave any questions without answering because there are no negative marks.

Round - 2.

Interview process is completely based on each Interviewer style
Because the panel I went he deal with only in coding, but other panels were not like mine.

He interviewed me only for 15-20 min.

1. Tell me about yourself (while saying he was analyzing my resume).

2. What are other alternatives of Hadoop (since I have mentioned Hadoop certificate in my resume).
- Told.

3. Then he gave a paper and pen he told me to see this room and write a code using class.

I saw the room, started writing code to display, in this dimension of this room the total amount of objects are this amount.

Not completed the code he suddenly stopped and he said I don't need code I just asked to write the class and asked me what is private.
- Told.

(Here I entirely got nervous and started sweating for me because my friends who completed 2nd round they told me tat they didn't even ask to write a code, so I felt like locked up in a prison)

4. Get a number, that number should be divisible by first 5 prime numbers, and print a message it is divisible or not and, again from beginning code should run if input was char it should exit.

Actually, I was not able to understand the question what he said and I asked him 3-4 times, please don't do this grasp it as soon as possible. Again got nervous.

Just wrote the condition of divisibility correctly and tried the remaining part.

He spotted some mistakes and asked me and I corrected the mistakes and explained.

5. Told me to write a code for HTML table creation.
- Perfectly wrote since the question was much easy.

Finally, he asked do you have any questions to ask, with sad face I said no and he said you can leave, said thank you and came out.

He didn't even ask me single HR question.

I was not confident that I will get into Infosys by thinking the way I performed in 2nd round.

Tips:

1. Analyze in what part are you strong in quants or verbal.
2. Choose the company which suits for you.
3. Important: Read 10-15 interview experience in sites.
4. Brush your semester subjects for 2nd round.
5. Be polite.
6. Never lose hope

Failed in more than 6 companies at first round itself.

This is one and only company I cleared first round and attended HR round.

Finally, result announced by god's grace I was selected.

Great thanks to IndiaBix, friends & the family who motivated me, finally thanks my college who guided for the campus.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - Galgotias University/22 September 2016

Hello Everyone, I want to share my experience with you for campus placement of Infosys.

I am from Galgotias University.

Infosys had visited our campus for placements (Galgotias College + Galgotias University). On 21st of September, we had our written paper round. It consisted of 3 sections:

1. Arithmetic reasoning and analytical thinking.
2. Mathematical critical thinking and logical reasoning.
3. Test of communicative English.

The first section contained a total of 15 questions that had to be solved in 35 mins. 5 questions were on Syllogisms (confusing syllogism actually), 5 on Data Interpretation (very easy) and 5 on data sufficiency (moderate). Enough time to solve all the question!

The second section was tougher. We had to solve 15 questions in 25 mins. Questions were Easy But time to consume, try to manage your time more and more in this section!

The third section was easier. It consisted of 40 questions to be solved in 35 mins. There were 2 paragraphs, fill in the blanks, theme detection, choose the correct options type of questions. My advice is to "Make your tenses clear for this round".

Out of 849 students, 317 qualified for the interview round and we had our interview on 22nd Sept.

The result was declared on 4th of October and I got a mail from the Placement cell of our college and I got selected in Infosys.

Tips:- For TR/HR, Just go through your resume properly and should have the idea of your project that you can explain them properly. Be confident and have a smile on your face from the time you enter the room until the time you leave it.

All the best.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - Mangalore, 26 September, 2016

There was an online test consisting of 3 section with sectional cutoff. The Quantitative section was good, most of the questions came from R.S. Aggarwal, the logical section was the difference maker it was a tough section with seating arrangments, Venn diagrams, etc with 10 questions in 35 mins followed by an easy and direct verbal section there were two easy paras as well. English was what we use in everyday simple and straight.

This was followed by HR Interview, there were several HR's most of them asked questions related to the resume so be prepared for whatever you write and have a good knowledge of the project. Your confidence is the master key here, be calm don't be nervous although you will be.

Finally, I was one of 200+ selected students.

All the best!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - Galgotias College of Engineering And Technology, Greater Noida: 21-22 Sept 2016

Hello Everyone,

I am from Galgotias College.

Infosys had visited our campus for placements for "Systems Engineer" post. On 21st of September, we had our written paper round. It consisted of 3 sections:

1. Arithmetic reasoning and analytical thinking.
2. Mathematical critical thinking and logical reasoning.
3. Test of communicative English.

The first section contained a total of 15 questions that had to be solved in 35 mins. 5 questions were on Syllogisms (confusing syllogism actually), 5 on Data Interpretation (very easy) and 5 on data sufficiency (moderate). Enough time to solve all the question!

The second section was tougher. We had to solve 15 questions in 25 mins. Questions were Easy But time consuming, try to manage your time more and more in this section!

The third section was easier. It consisted of 40 questions to be solved in 35 mins. There were 2 paragraphs, fill in the blanks, theme detection, choose the correct options type of questions. My advice is to "Make your tenses clear for this round".

Out of 849 students, 317 qualified for the interview round and we had our interview on 22nd Sept.

This is how my interview actually went facing an old age, humble and kind HR:

I opened the door and asked. Sir may I come in?
Interviewer: You Ashwani?
Me: Yes Sir!

Interviewer: Yes Come in and have a seat!
Me: Thank You sir, Good Afternoon! (By mistake, I left the door opened)

Interviewer: Will you please close the door?
Me: Sure sir! (I closed the door and sat again)

(The interviewer scanned both the pages of my resume and said) :

Interviewer: So Ashwani, You Write Blogs?
Me: Yes Sir.

Interviewer: So tell me what was the recent blog that you have written?
Me: Sir, It was about "Three Way Handshaking during TCP connection"

Interviewer: Tell me about your summer training?
Me: I told (Training was all about networking, peer to peer communication, Network administration and Linux system administration)

Interviewer: Tell me through which server you installed the OS?

Me: (I was confused and said) Sir I did manual installation of Ubuntu 14.04 through pen drive (multiboot)

Interviewer: (smiled) okay tell me which command is used to see the current directory in which you are?
Me: Sir Its "pwd" command.

Interviewer: Tell me about your final year project?
Me: (told) It was all about "To Reduce Energy Consumption in a Wireless Sensor Network"

Interviewer: Tell me about your summer training project?
Me: (told) It was all about "Campus Network Design"

Interviewer: So you did your training from MNNIT...good!
Me: Thank you sir!

Interviewer: Okay Ashwani, so do you have any idea that what will be your post when you will join Infosys? (HR Question)
Me: Yes Sir, If I will be selected, I will join as "System Engineer" (during the pre-placement talk, we were told about this)

Interviewer: Ashwani, I think we are done so you may leave and all the best for your future!
Me: Thank you sir, And have a good day ahead!

Interviewer: Thank you and You also have a good day.

The result was declared on 4th of October and I got a mail from the Placement cell of our college and I got placed :)

(finally, 200+ students got placed in Infosys).

My suggestions:

For Aptitude and Reasoning, go through the MADE Easy book by Nem Singh.
For English Again the Made Easy Publication book.
Go through critical thinking book by Shakuntala Devi.

And finally, Indiabix is enough to make you perfect to crack any interview or any written paper. All the best!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Process - CVRCE, Bhubaneswar on 18.09.2016

I am mechanical student currently in 4th year of engineering. Well after I greeted him, he asked me to sit.

Then he asked me to give him a brief intro. of myself, at the same time he was looking into my CV.
Then he asked me about the software courses that I have mentioned in my CV.

Then he asked, if I am comfortable with C or not? I answered yes.

The first question he asked was to write a C program to multiply 5*3 & 3*2 matrix. I wrote the whole program.

Then he asked me " Write a C program to find the most repeated number in a given number array. I wrote the just the logic part.

Then he gave me a mathematical quadratic problem and asked me to solve it with the help of C programming. (as the equation was containing roots, I was unable to convert it into C logic, well I solved the equation mathematically and gave the values of x and y).

At last, he asked about Insertion the operation in stack. Answered.

Well, I got placed in Infosys and Cognizant. So in my experience, the TR and HR's are looking at your confidence. So be positive and be confident

All the best.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - Jaipur 01/10/2016

Hello Everyone,

Here is my interview experience:
(Knock Knock)

Interviewer: Yes, Come In.
Me: Good Afternoon Sir.
Interviewer: Please have a seat.

(I sat but was not able to thank him as when I sat he asked me a question but make sure you say thanks).

Interviewer: You are looking different from your photograph.
Me: Yes sir, the protocol needs to be followed. Hence I shaved.

(He then asked me for my college id card and I gave it and then he returned me back)

Interviewer: Introduce yourself.
(Meanwhile, he was reading my resume)
Me: Told about from where I belong and academics.

Interviewer: Tell me more about you apart from your academics.
Me: Told about family background, hobbies, my likes, etc.

Then he asked me about the workshops which I attended (General Questions like what was in  the workshop, how many people were there? (Say a random no but should be acceptable).

He then asked me questions based on my technical skills.

He asked me about data structures, networking and OS.

Finally, the interview was over and he asked me if I have any questions.

I asked about his designation. He told "Software  Engineer" (smiling), Experience:  14 years (In Infosys).

Then He said thank you for giving your valuable time for being interviewed by Infosys.

I also thanked him.
(Interview Over).

This was my first experience and result came out same day and I was SELECTED.

I would like to quickly main points which are supposed to consider before going for the process:

1. Be Positive and Be Confident. 

2. Before entering the room tell yourself that "Whatever I Have done is more than enough for getting this job ".

3. Remember: These guys are there to offer you job. Hence always keep in mind that if you show you interest then chances of selection increases.

4. Don't Hesitate or feel nervous if you are not able to answer any question(s) as there is no one in the world who have complete knowledge about a particular thing. This was admitted by the Interviewer himself.

5. Best part of Infosys which I liked: Some candidates who after facing interview was not able to express themselves correctly but had a capability for being selected. This was identified by the interviewer and a Second chance was given to them and BINGO they finally selected most of them. Hence the moral is that they don't want to loose any talented person.

6. Before the day of interview prepare about your projects and also prepare about at least one subject thoroughly. As many time the interviewer asks about your subject of interest (Happened with me also).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Process - KL UNIVERSITY SEPT 13th, 2016

There are two stages:

1. Written test ---> contains three parts Reasoning, Quant and Verbal. There are questions on,

- Data interpretation (5),
- Data sufficiency (5),
- Circular arrangement (5),
- Time and work (1),
- Numbers (1),
- Cryptarithmetic (1),
- Geometry (simple sum),
- Long passage,
- Short passage,
- Sentence correction and some questions testing grammar.

The time management is the major important thing in written test.

Out of 1302 students, 422 were qualified for next round.

2. Technical and HR:

1) Tell me about yourself?
Answer confidently.

2) Explain me about your projects?
I explained about my projects for about 10 minutes.

3) What is modulation?
Addition of information to an electronic carrier signal.

4) Difference between analog and digital signal?
Explained it.

5) What is duplexer? Which acts as both transmitting and receiving antenna example mobile phone.

6) What is full duplex and half duplex?
full duplex->transmission in both direction simultaneously.
Half duplex->transmission in either direction simultaneously.

7) Draw an ex-nor gate and truth table?

I got confused and wrote truth table for (Ex-OR) Gate when the TR told that I wrote wrong I said no I wrote right but saw my mistake and told him I was confused.
It's okay to do a mistake and get confused but don't let it effect you in answering the next questions.

8) Explain amplitude and frequency modulation and where do we use them?
Change in the amplitude of the carrier signal in accordance with information bearing signal. (video signals) change in the frequency of the carrier signal in accordance with information bearing signal (audio signals).

9) What is multiplexing?
Multiple analog message signals and digital data streams are combined into one signal over a shared medium.

10) What is amplifier?
Electronic device or electronic circuit which is used to boost the power, voltage and current of an applied signal.

11) What is CDMA?
All users share the same frequency all the time. Every bit of conversation is been tagged with a specific and unique code and I explained a real life example of luggage at airport.

12) What is an oscillator?
Circuit which creates a waveform output from a direct current.

13) What is the difference between CDMA and GSM?
I said I don't know.

14) What type of medium is better for transmission?
At that time air medium is the only thing that struck me so I said air medium. TR asked me, I think optical is better option. I explained him the disadvantages in optical and advantages in air medium and even though there are disadvantages in air medium transmission how we can overcome them in future.

15) Do you have any questions?
Prepare some questions before hand.

Most of my questions, as you can see, are from basics be thorough in your basics. Know about the present technologies such as big data, cloud computing, Internet of Things like that.

236 were placed and I am happy to be one of them.

All the best never loose hope.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Process - Mumbai, 28th and 29th Sept 2016.

Hello Friends,

Infosys visited our Campus on 28th and 29th Sept, 2016.
On first day, there was a pre-placement talk for about 1 hr and then followed with aptitude test.

Following was the pattern for Aptitude Test:

1) Reasoning:- 15 ques in 25 min.

It included questions from logical deductions, data sufficiency, data interpretation and complex arrangements.

2) Aptitude:- 10 ques in 35 min.

5 questions were based on critical thinking and were very tough, 1 was from allegation and mixture, 1 was from Number Series, 1 was cryptarithmetic (quite easy), 2 were from probability.

3) Verbal:- 40 ques in 35 min.

There were two long paragraphs(25-30 lines) with five questions on each, five short paragraphs(3-4 lines) with one question on each,Sentence Corrections,Fill in the blanks,Inference related questions all testing your grammar skills.

Out of 362 appeared candidates, only 51 were shortlisted(notable difference) for next round i.e. Interview on next day.

Interview:

Interview included HR as well as technical questions.

1) Introduce Yourself.

2) Then he went deep with my BE project, asked each and everything about it.

3) Tools used in project (there was a lot of discussion on Wamp server and Apache tomcat server), problems faced in project and what measures are you taking to solve them.

4) Then he told me to write an SQL query to find second largest number(as he saw Oracle certification in my resume).

5) He will try to confuse a lot. But keep a smiling face and stay positive. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes.

Interview results were announced on the same day evening. Out of 51 candidates, 26 were selected for Infosys (again quite notable difference) and I was one of them.

Keep solving aptitude questions daily. Solve previous papers (very necessary). I would advise everyone to solve questions in aptitude according to the time and be calm, composed and confident during the interview.

Thank You.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - Sept 19, 2016

I applied through campus drive. Unlike TCS, no prior form filling or registration was required.
Just a photo and resume was all needed.

3 Steps:

1) Pre Placement Talk.
2) Online Test.
3) Interview (HR & Technical together).

As usual, I didn't attend the talk. As an alternative, I watched some videos about Infosys.

The online test was on the next day. For Infosys, everything happened at the scheduled time. There was no delay in anything and they were very strict throughout the process.The questions were all jumbled up for everyone.

The online test was having questions from Verbals, Critical Reasoning and Aptitude.
A majority of the questions were on verbals. Concentrate on sentence correction, error detection, Sentence formation, and Comprehension.

For the aptitude part, here were only a very few questions 8-10 and all were easy.
Critical reasoning was very simple. Anybody can do it.

Results were out in the evening. Out of 1800, around 900 passed the online test.

Interviews started just after the results. My interview happened around 7 in the morning.
As there was only one interviewer, it is all luck. He may be from HR or technical.
For me, it was a technical guy and he only asked 1 HR question, 'Introduce Yourself'.

- Introduce Yourself.

- So, these are your area of Interests. Have you developed any apps?

- What do you know about Data Analysis?

- Explain your Final year project.

- How many are doing it?

- What was your role in one of my mini project?

- Can you give an example of something you worked on which was completely new to you?

- What is Polymorphism?

- Write code and explain Function Overloading?

- About my Internship, What were the challenges faced?

- What did you learn from the cyber forensics workshop?

- What is the latest trending IT innovation?

- Do you have any questions?

It took around 30 mins for me. For some of my friends, nothing technical was asked.
Interviewers were very friendly. One of my friends even played flames with him.

Suggestions:

Try to jot down some key points about Infosys. They provide the best training program.
Its CEO, Founders, Services, Products (about Pinnacle), clients etc.

Indiabix is good for the verbal part.

Be very much prepared for the interview. Know your resume, learn to explain your projects.

Be updated with latest technologies like Big Data, IOT, Cloud Computing etc.

My interview went well.

Good Luck to all. Keep working. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - Berhampur, Odisha 22nd Sept, 2016

Hello Friends,

Well, we had our Campus drive on 22nd Sept, 2016 and following was the pattern:

1. Reasoning:- 15 ques in 25 min.

a. 5 questions were from logical deductions (Don't compare it with syllogisms).
b. 5 questions from data sufficiency.
c. 5 questions were from complex arrangements(Was little tough).

2. Aptitude:- 10 ques in 35 min.

a. 5 questions based on arrangements (Very tricky).
b. 1 was from mixture and allegation, 1 was from LCM and HCF, 1 was from Trains (Distance, Speed and Time), 1 was from volume and surface area.
c. 1 was from cryptarithmetic (It wasn't that difficult).

3. Verbal:- 40 ques in 35 min.

a. 6 questions were from theme detection (Inference related questions).
b. Sentence Corrections.
c. 2 very long paragraphs (each consisting of 5 questions).
d. Fill in the blanks.
e. 1 synonym.

I would advise everyone to solve questions in accordance with the time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - Bhubaneswar, 10-09-16.

Paper consist of three sections - (not like Aptitude, Reasoning).

1. Mathematical Reasoning/critical thinking.
2. Quantitative Thinking.
3. Verbal.

1. Mathematical Reasoning/critical thinking:

- It consists of 15 questions in 25 minutes.
- 5 questions on data interpretation (Basic).

Question was in a form of table where base, sales, net profit were the parameters and few blocks of data were missing, and question was to fill the fox and accordingly answer. 5 Questions were from syllogism, very basic 2 statement and 2 conclusions 5 Question was of data sufficiency, very easy questions.

2. Quantitative Thinking:

It consists of 10 questions in 35 minutes (very very conceptual).

5 questions were from seating arrangement (this arrangement was not easy one, very difficult, it was not like where we get only one arrangement, it was resulting multiple arrangements).

Q1) In a queue there are 6 persons standing in front of the ticket counter.
* Kim is after Paul
* Mike is after Om
* Neo is before Leo
* Paul will be in after Leo only if he is not after Mike and vice versa
* Om can't occupy 3rd position

Note: Here you must be thinking that it is very simple but that's not the case ("after"does not mean "just after") (This is concluded from questions followed by this arrangement, which I don't remember).

Q2) 5 boys and 5 girls want to sit in a circular table alternately. No.of possible combination?
Ans: 5!*4! = 2880.

Q3) Word was given "spearmic". Find the possible combination of words where vowels occupy odd position.
Ans: 4P3*5! = 2880.

Q4) CDED+BCD = AFGDB, given B = 8. Find B+A+D+F+G.
Ans: 15.

Q5) If A and B can do a piece of work in 7.5 days. If B works 1/2 of work and remaining work was completed by A, taking total time of 20 days to complete the work. If b is more efficient then B can do work in how many days?
Ans: 10 days.

Q6) This question I don't remember.

3. Verbal:

- Consist of 40 question in 35 minutes.
- 5 fill in the black.
- 10 reading compression questions from 2 compressions.
- 5 Theme detection.
- 5 Sentence correction.
- Then 15 question I don't remember.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - 3rd Sept 2016, Pune

Hello All,

I am from I2IT Pune. Infosys had visited our campus for placements for systems engineer post. On the 3rd of September we had our technical round. It consisted of 3 sections:

1. Arithmetic reasoning and analytical thinking.

2. Mathematical critical thinking and logical reasoning.

3. Test of communicative English.

The first section contained a total of 15 questions that had to be solved in 35 mins. 5 questions were on Syllogisms, 5 on Data Interpretation and 5 on data sufficiency. It was very easy.

The second section was tougher. We had to solve 15 questions in 25mins. It contained 5 questions on Seating arrangement, 1 on allegation, 1 on simple geometry, 1 on factorial addition, 1 on pipes and 1 on cryptarithmetic.

The third section was easier. It consisted of 40 questions to be solved in 35mins. There were 2 paragraphs, fill in the blanks, theme detection, choose the correct options type of questions. Make your tenses clear for this round.

Out of 60 students, 24 qualified for the interview.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - Mumbai 03/08/2016

Infosys aptitude test for Specialist programmer.

Coding questions: 2.
Duration: 90 minutes.
Language: Any.

1. A cumulative set starting from P integer is to be check whether possible.

E.g {4,6,8,11} and number 5.  A cumumlative set is possible as 5, 4, 6, 8, 11, Where the number of x position, its value must be less than previous elements. So here 4 is less that 5, 6 is less than (5+4) and so on.

Another example is (6, 8, 11). here cumulative set is not possible. Return the number of moves for the set by adding, removing, element from the set so to make cumulative.

Testcase1:
input: 5#4,6,8,11
output: 0
Testcase2:
input: 5#6,8,11
output: 1

2. A database of long URL is maintained. From the short URL index is formed which point to the long URL.

Example: Let take e=2, a=1, t=0..... then for short URL 'eat'  index is = e*3^2 + a*3^1 + t*3^0 = 21.
Short URL can be string of any alpha number character and base is not 1.

Now the database reference to long URL is lost. you need to return a minimum index that is possible with base not equal to 1.

Testcase1:
input: 11001 output: 25
Testcase2:
input: cats output: 75
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - Guntur, JKC off-campus drive 8-1-2016

Hello friends,

I am sai from ECE branch. Narasaraopeta Engineering college, I am selected for infosys,
I attended Infosys. This is my first company interview through JKC Off-campus.

So, I post my interview experience with you.
Basically there two round selection procedure 1st is online test and 2nd is HR+technical round.

In the online test there are 3 section Aptitude, English, Reasoning. There are sectional cutoff also in each section so be careful about that. The online test level is average aptitude and reasoning is simple but English is hard. After the online test interview take place. It is quit easy.

Written exam has 3 categories.

1. Aptitude - 10 questions 35 minutes.
2. Reasoning - 15 questions 25 minutes.
3. Verbal - 40 questions 35 minutes.

The main areas of the test is follows.

1. Test-Section I/Arithmetic Reasoning and Analytical Thinking - 25 minutes - 15 questions.

- Data interpretation - 5 questions.
- Syllogisms - 5 questions.
- Data sufficiency - 5 questions.

2. Test-Section II/ Mathematical Critical Thinking and Logical Reasoning - 35 minutes - 10 questions.

- Permutation and Combination - 2 questions.
- Alligation or Mixture - 1 question.
- Number series - 1 question.
- Cryptarithmetic - 1 question.
- Puzzle - 5 questions.

3. Test Section III/Test of Communicative English - 35 minutes - 40 questions.

- Critical Reasoning/Theme Detection.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Sentence Correction.
- Reading Comprehension.

Preparing Infosys previous papers is sufficient for this drive. Totally 1800 members wrote the written exam. Out of them 96 students were qualified.

Next is Technical and H.R interview.

Me: May I come sir.

Sir: Come and sit.
Me: Thankyou Sir.

Sir: Tell me what is the Processor (they directly asked technical questions).
Me: Told.

Sir: You know the Block diagram.
Me: Yes sir.

Sir: Can you draw the block diagram of M.P.
Me: I was drawn some part and said its very time taken to draw its sir I will say interconnections of M.P in imaginary manner.

(I feel tension becs don't say I can't or don't say opp to HR but I said).

Sir: OK give me pictorial info in visually.
Me: Told.

Sir: Tell me the diff types of signals.
Me: Told.

Sir: Tell me txion modes.
Me: Told.

(give the info clearly old generation device future then they impress).

Sir: Tell me relation bw B.W and sgl without introducing freq.
Me: Told.

They asked nearly 25 questions and I was answered 23.

And they asked 6 questions from c and k go you answer very well.

See friends if T.R was asked only 3-4 questions then your chance to get job is very less.

In HR they asked less questions like.

Hr: You're from ECE why you're come to this job.
Me: Told.

Hr: Why should I hire you.
Me: Told.

Hr: Why infosys not other comp your prefer.
Me: Told.

Hr: Why you're interested it.
Me: Told.

Try to cover the HR read some information about the company.

Thank you friends.

After the HR out of 96 students 74 members was selected.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - K.L.University, September 14 2015

Me: Interviewer asked me to come get in, and I wished him, good afternoon sir.

Interviewer: Good afternoon, please take your seat.
Me: Thank you sir.

Interviewer: Tell me about yourself.
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What is transistor?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: Types of transistors?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What is diode?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What do you know about zener diode?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: Write the truth table of nor and nand gate?
Me: Written on a paper.

Interviewer: Tell about the types of communications are there?
Me: Wired and wireless.

Interviewer: Explain in detail?
Me : Explained.

Interviewer: Classify the analog and digital communications?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: Which modulation technique is required for video and audio transmission?
Me: AM for audio and FM for video.

Interviewer: Write a program which you know the best?
Me: Wrote a factorial program using recursive function.

Interviewer: What is zero factorial?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: Tell me something about sql view and normalisation?
Me: Told.

After these many questions he said good and asked me to go, I was little bit nervous while giving the answers but gave the answers correctly, he was satisfied with my answers and finally got selected.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - Jaypee University of Engg. and Tech., Guna, Sept 17 2015.

Hello friends,

I attended Infosys. This is my first company interview through campus.

So, I post my interview experience with you.

Basically there two round selection procedure 1st is online test and 2nd is HR+technical round.

In the online test there are 3 section Aptitude, English, Reasoning. There are sectional cutoff also in each section so be careful about that. The online test level is average aptitude and reasoning is simple but english is hard. After the online test interview take place. It is quit  easy. They ask simple question like,

- Tell me about yourself?

- They ask to write any simple program in any language (C, C++, or Java).

- They ask some question from my project. Most of the part of the interview is basically based on project. After that, they asked 2 or 3 questions on networking (basic question).

So, I think if you crack the online test than 80% chances of your selection and 1 more important think make your resume very simple. Only things which you know only put into the resume.

So work hard in summer vacation. If you want campus placement, 2-3 month is enough for preparing for companies interview and don't much focus on your industrial summer training.

Just utilize the vacation time for learning some language (C, C++, Java).

Brush up your technical part and english. English is important to crack any written test.

Best of luck.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - Vizag, January 21, 2016

I'm coming from ECE department. I'm an lateral entry student. Infosys campus selection is done through 2 rounds.

1. Written exam.
2. TR/HR.

Written exam has 3 categories.

1. Aptitude - 10 questions 35 minutes.
2. Reasoning - 15 questions 25 minutes.
3. Verbal - 40 questions 35 minutes.

Preparing Infosys previous papers is sufficient for this drive. Totally 709 members wrote the written exam. Out of them 82 students were qualified.

Then I am also went for next round.

In TR there are 6 panels.

Interview process:

Me: May I get in sir?

Interviewer: Please come in. Mr.XXX, please sit down.
Me: Thank you sir.

Interviewer: Are you fine?
Me: Yes sir, I'm fine.

Interviewer: Ok, then are you prepared for TR?
Me: Yes sir.

Interviewer: What topics did you prepare?
Me: Digital electronics, Networks.

Interviewer: What is Digital electronics?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What is combinational logic circuit?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What is a multiplexer?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What is FDMA?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What is TDMA?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: Which one is better?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What is computer networks? Give examples?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What is LAN?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What are the types of LAN?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What is bus topology?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: Which topology is best one?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What are the communication types?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What is simplex & full duplex? Give examples?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: What is a prime number?
Me: Told.

Interviewer: Is 57 a prime number?
Me: Told.

TR/HR is easy. If you should complete written exam you are almost selected.

In TR say the answers confidently.

Among 82, 60 members were selected. I'm also one among them.

Lateral entry students were also selected for this drive.

All the best guys.

Wish you better luck.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Interview Experience - Hubli, Jan 6th, 2016

Hi all, I attended the Infosys pool drive held at Kleit Hubli.

The first round was Aptitude. It consisted of 3 categories:

1.Quantitative Ability - 10 Questions 35 Minutes (puzzle, number series, permutation and combination, probability).

2. Reasoning Ability - 15 Questions 25 Minutes (data interpretation, syllogism, visual, reasoning).

3. Verbal Ability - 40 Questions 35 Minutes (Grammar, Comprehension, Vocabulary and Critical Reasoning, 10 Questions each).

Sectional Cut-off : Yes.

Negative Marks : No.

Infosys stresses on verbal ability and you need to be well prepared because there is sectional cut-off.

Aptitude results were announced and only 28 people had cleared out of 500+!!!

Five people from our college had cleared apti. :).

The Interview was scheduled on 8th Jan. So we got a day for preparation.

As I was from ECE I had just glanced on C and C++.

The interview process started at 9.00 AM in the morning. I was called or the interview in the first batch (technical+HR).

HR was a very senior person. Interview started with formal questions like tell me about yourself. Be prepared completely with whatever you have written in your resume. They will ask everything based on your resume. It's just that BE CONFIDENT. That is what they will be looking for. Be proper in way you deliver your response. Basic technical questions from your skill set mentioned in your resume will be asked.

The results were announced soon on the same day. Out of 28 I guess around 22 were selected.

If you clear the apti it will be a cakewalk to get in to Infy, specified that YOU ARE CONFIDENT!!

ALL THE BEST :)

If destined see you at INFY!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infosys Technologies Interview Experience - Coimbatore, December 7 & 19, 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm Jayaram, currently pursuing my final year BCA degree from Sri Krishna Arts & Science College at Coimbatore.

Okay, then let me start. I attended "Infosys Pool Campusing" drive at SNR SONS College, Coimbatore on 07.12.2015 and 19.12.2015. The gap in days was due to the Chennai floods. (For Chennai, with love.)

The Eligibility Criteria was as follows..

- BCA or BSc graduates (Computer Science / Electronics / Mathematics / Information
  Technology / Information Science only).

- Only candidates who are graduating from 2016 batch.

- Candidates should not have any active/standing backlogs.

- Simple average aggregate of 60% throughout Class X, XII & graduation required.

| 07 December, Mon : Pre-Placement Talk & Online Test |

The college is around 50km distance far from my home. Had to wake up at 5:30, reached college around 8 AM, entered the auditorium. The instructors were already started distributing the application forms.

Firstly, there is a Pre Placement Talk which is very useful. Had a look at Mysore Infosys Campus in the presentation(Wow OMG!). Then they conducted an online test which consists of 65 questions and the duration is 95 minutes. There is no negative marking (Important : Attend all questions, never get tense)

Logical Reasoning        :   15 questions(25 minutes).
Quantitative Aptitude  :   10 questions(35 minutes).
Verbal Ability               :   40 questions(35 minutes).

Took a deep breath and started the test. Well the paper was moderate and I was feeling okay. The result was out two days after the test. Got the interview call letter in mail. (I was so happy about the result) Almost 700 students appeared for this drive and among them around 290 students got selected in first round.

| 19 December, Sat : Interview Day |
 (Morning 9)

(The instructor was taking the files that included application form and resume to the HR just minutes before my call.)

The instructor called my name.(I was a bit tensed)

Me : Sir, may I come in? (slightly nervous, still confidence waving)
HR : Yes, come in.

HR : (with great smile) Hi Jayaram, have your seat.
Me : Thank you sir. (smile)

HR : Ok Jayaram, now tell me about yourself. (he was looking at my
     resume) (Important : Maintain your eye contact with HR).
Me : (When Interviewer call your name and ask to tell about yourself, better start
     with 'your place name' instead of repeating your name).
     Told. (where I live, Educational qualifications, Family background, Interests &
     Hobbies etc etc.) (Imp : Speak bold, confidently).

HR : (focused on hobbies) Oh, you love watching football matches in TV.
Me : Yes, ofcourse I do.

HR : Which is your favorite team?
Me : Told. (Instead of national teams, i got one in Premier league :p lol).

HR : When did you see the last match of them?
Me : Told (two weeks before, I don't remember the day exactly :p).

HR : Who is the coach? (also asked me about latest scores, with whom, goal scorers
     etc.)
Me : Told.

HR : (slightly smiling) Are you sure?
Me : Yes Sir, I'm sure. (Even though I was not sure about latest scores and goal
     scorers) //Never get tensed at this moment.

HR : (smiles) Ok then.. (thinking).
Me : (smiles) (worried what if he asks more in football : lol).

HR : Are you comfortable with relocations?
Me : (excited, thought the interview was over. at the same time, sad about
     the quick discussion.)
     Yes Sir, as I'm so flexible, I can work in any location of Infosys.

HR : What about working in shifts and weekends?
Me : Honestly, I can work in shifts and weekends. It gives me new experience and also
     I feel good about it.

(I had included Oracle Professional Certification logo at the top of my resume)
HR : (impressed) Oh great, You're an Oracle professional, right.
Me : Yes Sir, I've got certification from Oracle University.

HR : So you're good at RDBMS..
Me : (too much excited) (smiles) Yes Sir.

HR : So tell me features of RDBMS.
Me : Told. (never say points alone, explain if you are good at it because these are
     some chances you can impress your HR).

(while explaining features, used a word 'owner', suddenly asked) //HR is always sharp
HR : Who is the owner of a database?
Me : Told. (Database Administrator) (I was happy, I could answer the question :D).

HR : Good good! (again going through the resume..).
Me : (confidence arise :p lol).

HR : What is the difference between a Table and a View?
Me : Told. (Explain with an example if you know).

HR : So which one occupies data? A table or view?
Me : Table occupies the data.

HR : So View occupies less data compared to table, right?
Me : Yes Sir. (#Important : Listen carefully, HR may ask any question at anytime).

HR : You've signed the declaration form, so what is this 24x7 means.
Me : (lol :p that was a random question to my mind full of technical things)
      (Took 5 seconds and answered "24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It means
      comfortable working in shifts and weekends.").

HR : Ok then, Best of luck.
Me : Thank you Sir, have a nice day!

(I was happy that I could answer all questions asked by him).

The instructor asked me to wait in Conference Hall. There were some other peoples already finished HR round. A person from Infosys Technologies team came to the hall and introduced about the work, salary package, fields/areas of work, locations etc. He told results will be send to your universities and will be announced today evening or tomorrow.

Finally, results were announced and I was one of them in the 239 selected candidates.

I'm so excited because I've selected in one of the most reputed companies in the world "Infosys". Training :3.5 months(mostly Mysore). Work will be in your preferred location 95%.

Important note : Even if you're not good at communication skills/technical, just try your best, your confidence matters. Don't get tensed on HR's because they will be moving further with your interests or what you like.

Hope this experience stands as a confidence for you.. All the best people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment