JSW Interview Experience-1

JSW Steel Interview Experience - Ballari, Karnataka, April 8, 2015

Hello friends! I am Pradeep Patil.B. I have completed my BE (Mechanical) from Ballari Institute of Technology and Management, Ballari, Karnataka.

I have attended JSW Steel campus interview on April 8th, 2015 at RYMEC, Ballari, Karnataka. It was a pool campus drive in which the students from more than 3 colleges have attended.

The campus drive started at around 10:30 am with the Pre-Placement talk by HR person of JSW Steel. He explained everything related to the steps in the interview process, the Company's profile-rules and ethics, salary package and all.

The eligibility criteria was 60% in 10th, 60% in 12th and 60% in BE (till date) without any current backlogs and the height criterion was minimum of 5.5 feet. The salary package offered was 4.25 LPA.

The overall interview process was divided into 3 steps/rounds:

1. Written Aptitude test.
2. Group Discussion.
3. Combined Technical + HR Interview.

The first round i.e, the Written Aptitude test started at around 11:45 am. The test questions were purely based on the mechanical core concepts only (MCQs). The time allotted was 60 minutes and the total number of questions were 50. There were no numericals like quantitative apti, verbal-non-verbal-logical reasoning. The questions were taken from almost all the topics of Mechanical Engineering and were bit tough because the competition was of high level. (Not tough for those who understands the core concepts/fundamentals well).

After the completion of the written test, they left us for lunch. Post lunch, they announced the results. Only about 50% of the total students had cleared the written test were promoted to the next round and luckily, I was one among them.

The second round was Group Discussion (GD). This is also important round because GD is used as elimination round rather than selection round. Few groups were formed for the GD. Our team consisted of 9 members. The HR person gave us the topic "INDIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM VS INDUSTRIAL REQUIREMENTS". I had participated in the discussion well as I was aware of the topic in depth. Infact, I started the discussion, which actually added points to my participation. (This is considered as leadership quality according to Psychology of Body Languages). That helped me a lot in my final result of this round. Our group members were very supportive and it was a healthy discussion. The HR person was keenly observing all our way of approach, body language, knowledge about the topic, communication skills, interaction and cooperation with other fellow group members etc. In our group, 4 members were promoted to the next round.

The third and final round was the combined Technical-HR Interview. This is the most important round, I think. Because our Overall Personality, Attitude, Knowledge, Skills like Sharpness of mind are judged in this round. When I entered the Interview room, there were 2 members. One was from Technical Dept and another was from HR Dept. Though they look like strict at first, they interrogated me very friendly. At first, they asked me to give my Marks Cards, Resume and Photographs. Then, they asked my Name, College and Percentages of Marks in 10th, 12th and BE. Later they enquired about my parents, my family background and my Passion in life. I answered them smilingly.

Then, Technical Person asked about the Project Work I have undergone in my final year of BE (This is most important and mandatory question). I explained clearly about the project in depth. They asked the questions which were actually confusing and tricky, but, I tried my level best to satisfy them.

Later on, HR Person asked, Why I have chosen Mechanical Engineering as my field and then about my interest in JSW Steel. I explained them clearly and I was sure that they became satisfied with my explanations. Later on, they shot arrows of questions from many topics of Mechanical Engineering  like Mechanics of Materials, Theory of Machines, Design of Machine Elements, Thermal Engineering, Manufacturing and Production Technology, Vibrations and Engineering Management. I answered all the questions to some extent satisfactorily. Later on they began to ask the questions related to JSW Steel like what I knew about the company, the technologies that are incorporated in the company and all. I explained them what I knew like about the COREX Technology (the only steel plant that uses Corex technology in India), various departments and their purposes. They asked me to explain the Blast Furnace. I explained them with the help of Chemical Reactions too. Then, next question was to sketch and explain the Iron-Carbon diagram and I did it to some extent.

I guessed that they were bit happy and satisfied by my answers because, at last HR person told me in Hindi, 'Chaliye, Aaap Sabhi Janthe Hai'. My last round lasted for about half an hour.

The Campus drive got finished at around 6:30 pm on that same day.

The JSW Steel company announced the Campus drive result on August 21, 2015. Overall, only 7 were got placed after all the rounds and fortunately, I am one amongst them.

My suggestion to all those who want to clear JSW Steel interview is to be thorough with the Mechanical core concepts, about the company's profile, technology and processes involved in the company and the most important is to be confident that you will surely get placed in it. I am sure you will crack it.

All the best. Good luck guys!

Kind Regards,
Pradeep Patil.B
BE (Mechanical Engg).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JSW Placement Paper - 15/02/2013

Hi, I attended JSW interview on 15/02/2013.

It was full campus, around 10 to 12 colleges were participated, total students may be 300.

Steps are as follows.

1. Technical aptitude 50 Marks (Easy):

After filtration 120 selected for GD.

2. GD:

Each group consists 10 member.

After filtrations total 60 candidates were shortlisted for Technical & HR interview.

3. Technical Interview:

I have given 2 technical interview previously.

I was more confident this time surely I will get job.

Que. 1 Introduction.

Que 2. Which subject do you prefer to ask questions ?

I told him you can ask anything from any subject, I am ready to give answer.

Sir told, do not take risk, but I was more confident, I replied I am ready to take risk.

But Sir was forcing me to tell name of one subject.

After some time, I told him I like Engineering Graphics.

Sir told me, I don't know anything from that.

This was the time, I feel that interview was over.(more confident).

First Technical questions was related to Iron Carbon Diagram as it was steel industry we were expecting same question.

I have given satisfactory answer to que. With diagram & all explanation.

Then there were question. Like different unit of pressure, what is periodic table.

Then suddenly he starts asking general question. Like which movies you watch, which sports do you play, family back ground.

It was become more easy to me to answer these question.

Actually I don't remember technical question. Because I think he like my confidence & he was behaving friendly to me.

HR interview:

IT was just formality. To see whether you are ready to job or not ?

Overall I got this job because of confidence & Technical knowledge.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JSW Placement Paper - NIT Durgapur, January 30, 2013

Hi buddies,

I am from Chemical Engineering. I have attended JSW last year in my college Campus.
3 Rounds are there. Written, GD, PI.

In Written exam full technical questions are there. I have provided the question I can recall now. About GD, topic is from general education based, or current affairs.

Two PI round, Tech and HR. Questions was asked from vocational training and hobbies. Self Introduction is very important. Hope these will be helping you a lot. Best of Luck.

Technical Questions: (39/50). Time: 60 Minutes

1. 1 picogram = how many grams (10-2 gm).
2. TLV means? (threshold limit value).
3. Ppm full form? (parts per million).
4. MIC full form ? (methyl isocyanate).
5. Portable H20 is (drinking water).
6. FGD ? (Flue gas desulphurization).
7. DM ? (Demineralized).
8. Which of this is max in steel -? (Dust).
9. Distillation is a " (Separation process).
10. Distillation_which will evaporate first (Lower BP).
11. Volatility.
12. Henry's Law (applicable to dilute soln, mole fraction <0.03, p=kc).
13. BOD? (Biological oxygen demand).
14. BOD measured by ? (Aquatic life).
15. Toxicity is measured by ? (heavy metals).
16. Refrigerant ? (Freon).
17. Heaviest noble gas (radon).
18. Universal solvent ? (H2O).
19. Cryogenics(study of material at subzero temp).
20. Which element has university named after it ? (Berkelium).
21. When was coal found? (Ancient times).
22. Carbonization of coal gives? (coke).
23. Which of these has highest calorific value? (coke oven gas, 4200-4500).
24. What is basic process in steel making ? (removal of carbon).
25. Flue gas analysis " (Orsat analysis).
26. Exhaust gases are converted to less harmful gases by - (catalytic converter).
27. Destructive distillation used for ? (coke refining).
28. Binder used in pellet making?( Bentonite).
29. Temperature inversion occurs in which season? (Winter).
30. Removal of water from oil is done why which process?(leaching).
31. In what temp celsius and fahrenheit becomes equal?(-40).
32. Scaling is formed in heat exchanger due to? (Hardness).
33. cosxdx=0
34. Diffusion_conc gradient (None of these).
35. Iron extraction (Both of These).
36. Argon in atm (0.93%).
37. Acid Dissociation Const for strong acid (<-2).
38. Percentage of O2 in exhaust gases (10 %).
39. Welding Layer: Coke.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this blog, Keep posting more and more like this useful, Looking for top-quality steel products? Our authorized JSW dealers offer a comprehensive range of JSW steel solutions. Renowned for their durability and precision, JSW Steels is a trusted name in the industry. Our certified dealers provide expert guidance and a diverse selection of JSW steel products to meet your construction and manufacturing needs. Experience excellence in steel through our network of dedicated JSW dealers.

    ReplyDelete