Syntel Interview Experience-1

Syntel Interview Experience - Hyderabad, 2/APR/2016

There are 4 rounds in Syntel recruitment process and every round is the elimination round.

1) WRITTEN TEST:

My written test was held on march 8th 2016 at Hyderabad.

- Verbal 30 questions (20 minutes)
- Aptitude 30 questions (20 minutes)
- Reasoning 30 questions (20 minutes)

Though the time is less cutoff will be 50% in all the modules, so 8 out of 10 people will clear this round.

I got the mail on march 31 and my further rounds are scheduled on april 2nd.

2) GROUP DISCUSSION:

There are 10 persons in each group out of which 5 to 7 persons are selected. My topic is RELIGION VS POLITICS. Just speak three or four relevant points with fluency and confidence, don't grab others choice in GD, it leads to elimination.

Prepare from "careerRIDE.com" for GD.

Some other topics are,

- IS SCIENCE BOON OR BANE?
- ARE WOMEN GOOD MANAGERS?
- EDUCATION SYSTEM IN INDIA.
- IS CHINA THREAT TO INDIA?
- LOVE MARRIAGE VS ARRANGED MARRIAGE.

3) TECHNICAL ROUND:

In this round the 50% of the people were eliminated.

TR: What is a data structure?
ME: Told.

TR: What is a graph?
ME: Told.

TR: Write a program for bubble sort.
ME: Wrote the program.

TR: Given unsorted list and sort it using your program.
ME: Explained for 10 minutes (he was very much impressed).

TR: Write program for string reverse without using reverse function.
ME: Wrote it and explained with an example (again impressed).

TR: I am done and said to meet in the HR.
me: Thank you.

HR interview:

HR: Tell me your weakness.
ME: Told.

HR: What are your hobbies?
ME: Told.

HR: Why don't you choose sports as your career (question based on hobbies)?
ME: Told.

HR: Thank you and results will be displayed within 15 days.

After three months very few CSE and IT people got the calls regarding their selection and till now (September 15) no other ECE, EEE, CIV and mech people got the call whether they are selcted or not.

Though I am from CSE, I didnt got the call from Syntel but now I am an IBMer.

So guys after your HR round forget about Syntel completely and try to attend other interviews, Syntel has the worst recruitment team than other MNCs. So better don't put any hopes on Syntel and keep trying for other companies.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syntel Interview Experience - Lucknow, 17th october, 2015

Hi there,

There are mainly 4 rounds one need to clear to get placed in Syntel. These are-

1. Written Test.
2. Group discussion.
3. Technical interview.
4. HR Interview.

I was literally very nervous before the day I had written test. It was held in July and the result got published in august. Somehow, I got selected in the very first round.

Got the venue and date 10 days before the interview. Feeling of rejection was still on my mind as GD is considered as the most eliminating round of the whole selection process. My topic for GD was Social networking sites - Is it a boon or bane?

There were 10 members and out of that 7 got selected. I was one of them.

Next round was technical, I was asked to explain about my final year project, concept of OOP and basic database related question from SQL.
After that, I was asked to wait for the results. The result came and yes I cleared that round too.

The last round was HR interview and there I was asked about my strength, weaknesses, what if I get located to Chennai (as I mentioned Mumbai and Pune in locality preference.), my GD topic and what was my opinion on that.

On 18th November, I have got the mail from Syntel that I have got selected.

So that's all. Yes, it was not too easy but not so hard ...the overall experience was good.

See You in Syntel soon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syntel Interview Experience - TirunelVeli & 7-5-16

Hello, Friends, I Attended Syntel 2016 Off Campus on 4-5-2016 Written Test on Francis Xavier Collage, Tirunelveli.

Written Test:

Written test contains 20 Quants, 20 Logical, 20 English each section have 20 mins total 60 mins of written Test It's Quite Easy But you must Atten Max Question & finish it on Time on 7-05-16 We had Remaining 3 Rounds,

GD:
Topic: Science growth is Boon/Ban, 6 Selected out Of 10, It's Very Easy If you Have good communication Its like Cake.

Tech HR:
This Round Was Bit Tuff, What Ever you Fill in Form As skills & Certification you Mention definitely you have questions on it, I Mentioned Asp.Net As certification, Hr asked to tell me the life cycle of Asp.Net, I replied I don't know Theoretical concepts I know Practical Knowledge, Then Hr Asked Tell Me What you know in Asp.Net I Told Creating Web page Design It Running it Use off Button, Image, File Uploading & connecting it to Data Base, Immediately Hr Asked Tell Me About Joints I Told I don't know Database I know only to use it for project create, update, delete the Table, He asked me You would be studied in your collage Since I am an IT Department Student he asked me I Replied Don't know, Then He asked me abt Bubble Sort I told The Answer, then Asked abt Stack I told The answer waited for result with Fear But luckily I got Selected & gone to Hr Round. (Be Bold To Say No if You Don't know the Answer HR will not take it seriously Then Confusing by telling irrelevant answers)

HR:
For Many People, It was Like a cup of tea The just asked Where are you from are ready to relocate & Distance from Your Home To here. But For me, It was Not easy one.

Lady Hr asked why My Marks are low, I replied since I realized More than mark we have to learn many things, she asked elaborate I told I conducted Event in school days by students engaging activities, Then she asked Why took eng I replied I had interest in computer, Then asked diff b/w B.E vs B.Tech, I really don't know the answer I replied studying about Tools is Eng & studying tech in B.Tech. Interview Got Over.

RESULTS WAS DECLARED 2 MONTHS LATER ON 6-07-16, I Got Rejected, 150 people Attended Hr Round around people got Selected If You are CSC/IT Guy it's an Added advantage To get Selected,Selection is fully based on tech hr mark+HR mark, It was the Very Late MNC interview Came I attended in college, BUT MY FRIND OF IT DEPT GOT JOINING LETTER ON 14-07-2016, They Give The Hr Result But Joining soon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syntel Interview Experience - Bhopal, 28 Jan 2016

Hello everyone, I have attended Syntel Campus Recruitment process Syntellect 2016 for the MP region.

There was four round for the process,

1. Online test.
2. Group Discussion.
3. Technical interview.
4. HR.

On 28/01/16, Syntel came at our college to conduct the online test. It comprises of Aptitude, reasoning and English. Be aware of time and attempt all the questions because the test was easy and there were no negative marking.

As it was a recruitment for some group of college in the Madhya Pradesh region, so we got a mail on 16/03/16 that you have been shortlisted for the further process.

On 19/03/16, there were 900 students with us for the GD with more than 80 groups.

My GD topic was MNC's are superior then Indian Companies or not?

They were checking whether the candidate is able to speak or not. Just speak don't be quite. And it was not a discussion they were asking one to one. I was shortlisted in this process. The technical interviewer was very kind, as I was from Electronics and communication he asked me from what I mentioned. You can take the flow of your interview. He asked me from C language, major project and some general questions about electronics. Be confident, if you don't know it's okay no need to be nervous. Show them that you are a good learner and you will learn it soon. Also, you can say that I'll learn this in my training period for sure.
After few minutes, I got shortlisted for HR.

HR was a formality, it was of 1 minute. he asked me about my GD topic and my view in it. some ask you about your locations and all.

After 1 month, on 20/04/16, I got a call from Syntel that I'm Selected.

Don't be depressed if you are not selected, there are several way to get a job. Your life will not define by one company. Just work on your Communication skills, be confident. Give AMCAT, E-litmus and all you will surely get further possibilities.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syntel Interview Experience - Hyderabad 2nd April 2016

It was an off campus drive by Syntel.

- I cleared the written test of the same previous pattern.

- i.e Quants, verbal, Reasoning.

- 30 Questions and 20 min for each.

Rounds:

1) Written Test.

2) Group Discussion.

3) Technical Interview.

4) HR Interview.

Group Discussion:

The GD includes 10 members and the topic given to us is "Compare Education System in India to Foreign Education System".

I haven't spoken for about 2 min then I just added three points.

They are just looking for fluency English and you should have the tendency to speak.

You can clear it very easily. The number of selections depends upon the people involved in the discussion. Typically 4-7 Fortunately Cleared.

Technical Interview:

They will give us a form we have to self-rate ourselves on various languages we knew.

Questions:

I am from ECE stream.

1) Tell me about yourself?

2) Write a C program for Fibonacci series?

3) Write a C program for reversing any number?

4) What are recursion and one example program?

5) What is the difference between C and CPP?

6) What is inheritance?

7) How can you implement inheritance in C++?

8) What are OOPS concepts?

9) What is a polymorphism?

10) Tell me about your academic project?

11) Asked me some doubts regarding my project?

It was about 40-50 min but fortunately, I answered all of them except 7.

After 15 min result is announced I was selected.

HR Interview:

It was 6:50 PM and I was the only one remaining.

I entered the room it has lasted only for 1-2 min and that's it done.

HR just saw my profile and asked me about my hobbies.

I said reading novels, etc.

- HR: What are the novels you read?
- Said.

- HR: What did you learn from them?
- I said one point and she interrupted me and asked me if I am comfortable to work in shifts?
- I said yes and that's it Done with an interview.

Results to be emailed after 15 days.

Fingers crossed waiting for results!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syntel Interview Experience - Pune, January 20 2016.

Hi,

I am BE(ENTC) Student from Pune University and Syntel had come for candidates in our Profound Institutes, Pune.

About Syntel process, total four rounds which are,

1. Online Aptitude Test.
2. GD.
3. TI.
4. HR.

# Aptitude test:

Held on 15 January 2016. The test has three section:

1) Quant.
2) Verbal.
3) Logical.

It was quite easy than other aptitude tests but here you have to attempt 90 questions in 60 min. Be fast while solving apti questions, because not enough time. With each section has its own time. Just go through R. S. Aggarwal and IndiaBix. Each Section has 30 questions and each sections has time limit of 20 minutes. But as no negative marking is there I have given answers of all unsolved questions.(I think attemption of all question increases your chances to clear the apti). After 3-4 days I got a mail that, I am shortlisted & next rounds will be at Syntel in Talawade, Pune on 20 Jan. 2016.

# GD:

Group of 10 members was formed and given 2 min exactly for preparation on the topic. Actually at that time we all people in our group (7 people) didn't get the meaning of the topic. I got a very genuine panel. He has very frank and told us the meaning & then started a GD. Its something like Forcing someone is good or bad. I mentioned some real time examples related to our subject. He praised me for that :). 10-15 mins results are declared. Out of 7, 3 were selected. And I was one of them. (Just speak something in GD. Don't keep quiet)

# TI:

Tech person was good and very kind. He asked me introduce myself. I did that. Then he started questions. Those are as follows:

1. Logic for identifying Prime number & in JAVA. (Mentioned in my CV about Java that's why)

2. Difference between C, Cpp, Java.

3. How many joins in a SQL? Write a query for each of those joins?

4. Tell me about your final year project?

(Not confident for programs but did with confidence). Then he said that is enough. After 10 mins results are declared and I have cleared the tech round also.

You have any questions for me? I asked him what actual things you look in a candidate? He said, the basics concepts and whatever you have done till now is checked. Be confident in everything if you don't know the answer. How many joins in a SQL? Write a query for each of those joins? also. Give some related answer if you are blank. But don't show him that you don't know the answer. Confidence is very important. After 5 mins results are declared and I have cleared the tech round also.

# HR Round:

Groups are formed and we were 2 people in a group. HR Person is a lady. She was good and very kind.

She asked only one question,

You have any questions for me?

I asked her, what are the priority goals for company this year? &
About training location. That's it.

On the 2nd of Feb, in the evening, I got an email that was ecstasy for me. Golden words for any fresher - "You have been selected".

All you guys, don't worry!!! Be confident, perform well and 'Consider IT done'. See you in Syntel. :).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syntel Interview Experience - Mumbai, October 31, 2015

Hello, just an effort to help you be SYNTELLECT,

Aptitude of Syntel was there on 15 june. It consisted of the three section i.e. verbal, Quants and logical having a sectional time as well as sectional cutoff.

The result was declared on 10th of august and the interview was scheduled on 31 october.

There were three rounds Gd then technical and later on Hr, each one was an elimination round. Each group consisted of 10 students for discussion. Our topic was "Is rising technology affecting income of common man". They were judging only the communication skill (I think, as they shortlisted 8 from our group then 7 9 and even 10 from a grp).

Instantly after the GD they announced the name of shortlisted candidates and told us to wait in the cafeteria.

Soon there was a call for technical. As I am an E&TC engineer, they focused on the project part, even the mentioned minor project was asked. On software part, Interviewer asked; what is the difference between C and CPP. Difference between struct and union. Whether we can declare functions in struct or not, and y? and it was done.

After waiting for a while my name was called as a shortlisted candidate. In Hr, She asked about hobbies, when said then she questioned, why didn't you pursue it as your career. Then asked for weakness. When said I'm straightforward, she pounced, three weaknesses. Q. What if you fall for a hindu guy? I told am having self control so she asked what if someone else fall for you. At this I said I never thought of that thing.(and I think this was my mistake).

So that was it.

After a week, results were out, I didn't get mail, neither my ece friends, though reaching till HR. But most of cse and it students did. We never learnt the reason behind the rejection:- (.

So, if you are reaching till the end, don't "CONSIDER IT DONE".

Hope you guys get place in syntel. All the very best. :).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syntel Interview Experience - Jaipur, October 11, 2015

Hi Guys,

I passed out this year from PCE, Jaipur and sharing my interview experience so that you all will be ready to tackle the rounds.

Syntel conducted the off campus drive "SYNTELLECT 2015" in the month of June. There were altogether 4 rounds comprises of Online Aptitude test, Group Discussion, Technical Interview & HR Interview.

The results of the 1st round i.e. Aptitude Test was announced in August 12, 2015 and on September 22, 2015 I got the interview invite from campus recruiting team. The location of interview was same where I have given the online aptitude test.

Now coming to the description regarding Online Aptitude test, it comprises of 90 Questions in 1 hour. Some question there are quite easy while some questions mainly english comprehensions are little lengthy. The fundamental to crack the test is not to stick in a particular question because the time is running so fast and you have lots of questions. One advice from my side is that try to keep extra 5 or 6 minutes at last in your hand so that you will attempt all the questions which you have not done yet by guessing because there is no negative marking in this test. After that the result was announced as mentioned above and 33 students from my college were shortlisted for further rounds. Thank God, I am one of them :).

After that I will got interview invite mentioned above. On this day, Campus Recruiting Team of Syntel welcomed us with the Company presentation and the offers Syntel will provide. They also aware us with the next rounds which are:-

A) Group Discussion.
B) Technical Interview.
C) HR Interview.

So, the next round was GD, We were divided into group of 10. The topic for our discussion is "SUCCESS IS ALL ABOUT HUMAN RELATIONS". The fundamental to get succeed in this round is to speak and be active because this is the selection round of Syntel. 7 students from my group was selected. The 3 are rejected because they are completely dumb during whole discussion.

Some of the topics given to other groups are:-

ARE WOMAN GOOD MANAGERS?

IS FACEBOOK BOON OR BANE?

COMPARISON BETWEEN INDIAN & FOREIGN EDUCATION SYSTEM.

BORDERLESS WORLDS-DREAM OR REALITY.

EDUCATION AND SUCCESS-IS THERE A CORRELATION.

IS CHINA A THREAT TO INDIAN INDUSTRIES?

PRIVATIZATION OF EDUCATION IS GOOD OR BAD.

The result was then announced immediately and we have been moved for Technical interview. I am the first one to be interviewed. Some questions that to get prepared for this round is :-

A) Knowledge of project.

B) Basics of C, C++ or Java Whichever you are friendly (As I am an ECE student, he asked basics questions from this side such as difference between C and Java. ).

C) Knowledge of trainings.

I perform very well in this round but got trapped in puzzle for long because I am not hoping a puzzle in this round. Finally I solved it but mind it took too long to solve it:).

The puzzle was quite simple as there were 10 pairs of socks (20 socks) and in what minimum attempts you will find a similar pair.  (Answer-11).

After that they we went to the waiting room where the ones who clear the tech interview was sent for HR interview and the ones who are not selected are asked to leave. Few students got eliminated in this round. I am selected in this round too.

The next round was the HR interview. It was just Cherry on the Cake for me. As I entered the room, She told me to take the seat asked for my resume. She asked questions regarding my hobbies and asked what have I done to get it. I answered well, she was quietly impressed. Then she asked about the preferences regarding joining. I chosen Pune as my 1st preference. She asked Why Pune Why not Chennai?I answered well. Then she told me to move towards the HR Refining hall where we got information regarding joining and final results.

That's all for the interviewing day. Guys who reached HR rounds look quite happy and confident there.

After that the final result with Letter of Intent and Joining Kit were sent to the selected ones. Thanking God, I am one of the lucky one to get placed and got the joining.

Remember Syntel conduct off campus drive quite late but you will get the joining immediately once the result was announced.

SO GUYS BEST OF LUCK FOR UR FUTURE.

CYA IN SYNTEL :).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syntel Interview Experience - Mumbai, October 11, 2014

Hello friends,

I'm Raj from Gujarat, I have done E&C.
On 31st may 2014, there were aptitude test. It have 3 sections reasoning, verbal and aptitude. Each section have 30 q and for each section time duration was 20 min. So 90 q in 60 min. I felt that it's all about on time management. Test was not much tough. What you need to do is, manage your timings. If you able to do so then you will surely crack this part without any hurdles.

On 16th September I got the call letter for further interview process. Interview at Syntel (Mumbai) on 11th October. There were 3 stages in interview process. All considered as a elimination stage. First one was GD. Group of 10 members was formed and given 2 min exactly for preparing on "Influence of social media".

Disappointed that I was not able to initiate even when I have a point and proper explanation on hand. But I rapt attention of others quickly and made my points with examples in firm voice. After that no extra points added in discussion because of it was stuck on misuse of Facebook! Folks they literally quarreled. So at last they asked individual views to all, except me and one other girl. Just because we made some good points. 10 out of 7 selected. There was not any fixed criteria of selection. I also heard that in many group all was selected and in many 2 or 3 selected.

Now turn for technical round, 7 panels running. Luckily I got a very genuine panel. He has down to earth nature and very frank. I grabbed his attention by saying good noon in replied he did firm handshake and gave positive gestures. He asked tell me about yourself. After that he asked my interested subject. I'm from EC. So I told him that I have only knowledge about C.

He asked me data link list, draw it's diagram, types of linked list etc. Then asked concept of stack, Fibonacci series etc. Then he gave me a kind of puzzle but it was time consuming. I did my best but not got d exact answer. But he appreciates that you have done good. I told him give me 2 mins I will bring you answer. But he said its ok I got your logic. He asked my area of exposure in Syntel.

Then asked about final year project, impressed on my project. Latter he asked me some questions based on my project. As I told he was impressed with project, so it took 20 min. Overall interview run for 40 - 45 mins. At Last he told me I have done, anything would you know from me? I asked that what the career paths available in the company are. He replied too genuinely. After 10 mins I had to knew that I cleared. After 45 mins I called for hr round.

Hr took 20 mins. She asked me tell me about yourself, describe in detail of your family background, how can you differ from other candidates, values of Syntel (speed, synergy. etc. ) , companies recent achievements, if your joining location will be Chennai den?, did you appeared for interview in any mnc, why would you join Syntel. And last she said I've done. You can asked me questions. I asked how the company has been affected by recession, what are the incentive for your top performer. After 20 mins they said you are selected. I was too happy at that time. See you at Syntel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syntel Interview Experience - Talawade, Pune - 27 June 2014

Hello everyone,

   I am MCA Student and Syntel had come for aptitude test in our college. Its through the monster.com. Aptitude test held on 14 June. and it was quiet easy than other aptitude tests. Just go through R.S. Agarwal and check out all the aptitude questions on internet. Search for Syntel aptitude or placement papers. Its enough to crack the apti. Just one thing u must keep in mind that be fast while solving apti questions, because not enough time we got for all the questions. Structure is as follows:

3 Sections:

  1. Logical Reasoning
  2. General Maths
  3. Verbal

Each Section has 30 questions and each sections has time limit of 20 minutes. So please b fast. I did not get time for all questions. But as no negative marking is there I have given answers of all unsolved questions. After 3-4 days I got a mail that you have been shortlisted for next rounds and it will be informed later.

Then in a week I got a mail that next rounds will be in pune and all needed details are mentioned.

When we reached to syntel we after registration process we are taken to the actual place. and we sat randomly in a group of 10 people. Then the mam came and we filled the GD sheet.

GD Round :

The groups of 10 people was there. And we all were girls. The person came in a room. and asked to sit in a order of our names in a GD sheet. We did that. Then he welcomed us in syntel and said that I will not give you a topic of football (As we all are girls) and asked us that which topic shall we take? We said social networking sites :P But he said its very old and common topic. Then we said that education related anything? He thought for a moment and said you know who is our HRD minister? Some gave the answer.

Then he said that let us take a topic of education requirement of HRD (Or any) minister. And gave us a 2 mins time to think. And then started a GD. 3-4 girls started speaking at a time. And then chaos was there. Its like a debate. Some how I got a chance in the middle and spoke some lines. Finally he gave a chance to each of us to speak. and then said fine. Thank you, Result will be announced after some time. and in 10-15 mins results are declared. Out of 10 , 7 were selected. And i was one of them. Guys just speak something in GD. DONT KEEP QUIET.

Technical Round:

Again groups are formed and we were 3 people in a group. Again all r girls. Tech person was good and very kind. He asked us to describe myself. I did that. then he started questions.  Those are as follows:

1. What is your project. Can you describe in detail.
    Yes, I did that.

2. You have used oracle10g in your project? Can you design some tables in that project?
    I asked Schema? He said yes. I did that with p.k and f.k relationship.

3. He selected some output from those tables and asked to write a query.
    Did that

4. How many joins in a SQL?
    Answered

5. Can you write a query for each of those joins?
    Did that. (Not confident for joins syntax but did with confidence.)

6. Can you write a program of swapping 2 no.s without using 3rd variable.
    Did that. (Prepare all basic algo. like Fibonacci series, prime nos., Factorial (with 
    recursion), swapping of 2 nos. etc.)

7. Which access specifiers and can you explain them?
    Did that

8. What is the difference between abstract class and interface?
    Told.

Then he said that is enough. You have any questions for me? I asked him what actual things you look in a candidate? He said, the basics concepts and whatever you have done till now is checked.

  Be confident in everything if you don't know the answer then also. Give some related answer if you are blank. But don't show him that you don't know the answer. Confidence is very important.

  After 5 mins results are declared and i have cleared the tech round also.

HR Round:

  Hr Person is a lady and she greeted me and said that take a sit. I said GA mam and sat down. She asked me you have done MCA right? I said yes. Then she asked me following questions.

1. Describe yourself
   Did that. (Tell about both your educational and other qualifications).

2. Considering your educational performance how many ranks you will give yourself out of
    5?

3. How are you as a team player? give rank.

4. If you are in a team and there is a conflict between 2 people then how you will solve it?

5. We have branches in so and so places. Are you ready to go there?

6. Are you ready to work in any technology?

7. Told the salary and bond. and asked that are you OK with this?

Then she said that that's enough. U have any questions? I asked same question as in Tech. That which things you look in a candidate in HR Round. She said that we look for how much flexible you are. Means you should be ready for any technology to work or to go any branch.

Please dont say no to anything. Say yes. And be confident.

Then Results are declared and I have cleared HR also. Then document verification was there. And then the person said that we will send you the mail for joining.

That's all guys... Please be confident in every case that is the main point. Best of Luck.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Syntel Interview Experience - Pune, March 01 & 02, 2014.

Hello Everyone, I attended the referral drive for freshers of 2013 batch for Syntel.

The first round was the aptitude test on the 1st of March.
The second round was the GD on the 2nd of March.
The third round was the technical interview (face2face) on the 2nd of March.
The fourth round was the HR interview (face2face) on the 2nd of March.
For some of the candidates, the tech and the HR interview was conducted together.

In the aptitude,
90 questions.
30 on Analytical Reasoning,
30 on Numerical Reasoning (mathematical aptitude),
30 on Verbal Reasoning (grammar),
60 mins,
No negative marking,
One mark per question,
5 options per question (this was unusual).


In analytical,

there were questions on family-relation, coding-decoding, SAINT/LIAR, number series, etc.
Since I did not have enough time to answer all questions, I don't know the other question types.

In numericals,
3 questions on average, time and distance, profit and loss; 2 on work and time, mixtures, trains. Questions on Pipes, Ratio, HCF, Simple interest, Compound interest, Simplification, Area.

Not very highly complex questions, but a little bit of twist should be expected.
R.S Agarwal will be more than enough to crack the Syntel apti.

In verbal,
5 questions on correct words in the blank space,
5 questions on synonyms,
2 on antonyms,
5 questions on correct order of sentences,
5 questions on spotting errors,
8 questions on a passage.

They were usual typical Syntel questions. The questions seem tough but the options give you hints. Go through the options once, properly.

In the evening I got a mail saying that I have been selected for further rounds of the interview.

Hurray!!!

The Next Day:

In GD, the topic was 'Who is a better captain, Ricky Ponting or Saurav Ganguly'.
Girls, please don't panic if you know nothing about Cricket.

Since all 10 participants of the group were boys, the invigilator, after a mutual agreement with us, gave us the topic.

Best part of the GD was that the invigilator had asked us to be aggressive since it was an all boys group. We listened to him.

I talked thrice for 20 secs each with a good firm voice and got rapt attention from others. Though I had an option to be aggressive, I chose to be within limits.

Don't get carried away. It may be a trap.

If you are interrupted, keep saying 'please let me complete, please listen to me for a while'. Being aggressive does not mean speaking on top of your voice and lose your temper. Remember, its still a discussion, not a fight.

There were some good speakers in the group. Hence 7 out of 10 got selected including me.

In the end of the GD, the candidates who did not speak much had a chance given to them by the invigilator. 1 of them grabbed the chance and the other 3 were rejected.

In the technical interview, there was a single person taking my interview.
The interviewer greeted me asked me to have a seat.
I thanked him for that.

Question 1: Tell me something about yourself [Meanwhile, he was going through my CV carefully].

Answered about me, my education, my family, hobbies.

Question 2: Your project seem interesting, can you explain it to me in detail?
Answered with the basic flow of the project, drew a few diagrams about the flow, explained the architecture and different modules. Lot of hand gestures to represent client/server interactions.

[He cross questioned me on a few things; I answered all of those].

Question 3: What do you know about 'JMeter'? (It was mentioned it in my CV)
Answered.

Question 4: Are you ready to work in shifts?
YES.

Question 5: Are you ready to relocate?
YES.

Question 5: You have mentioned 6 technical skills, what are you most comfortable with?
Answered.

Question 6: Are you ready to work in analysis and testing?

Given a choice, I would definitely choose development, but if Syntel reckons that I am more utilizable in the testing domain, I will joyfully accept the domain.

Interviewer: Okay, Good. It was nice meeting you Tufail.

Me: It was nice meeting you too Sir. Have a nice day.
I left the room and shut the dooe behind me.

After 10 mins of waiting outside, a HR coordinator came to me saying "Please follow me for your HR round!"

I was like 'phew!!!'

My HR too was taken by a single person.

In the HR interview:

The HR greeted me and asked me to have a seat.
I thanked him for that. He went through my CV carefully.

HR: Why have your marks gone down after your 10th?

Answered about being too involved in extra-curricular activities and then managing it well in the latter half of BE and pulling things off in the final year.

HR: What are your aspirations?

Answered about my long-term and short-term aspirations.

HR: What are your plus points?

Answered about me being a good leader as well as a team player, quick learner and a very social and a friendly person, a versatile individual.

HR: Give me an example of you being a good leader?

Answered about how I lead my team to the annual trophy in annual sports.

HR: Why do you want to join Syntel?
Answered.

HR: Are you ready to work in shifts?
YES

HR: Are you ready to relocate to Gurgaon?
YES

HR: What are the areas you think you need to improve on?

Answered that I need to be more objective in a competitive environment.

HR: Asked me a puzzle about '2 dice which would always show dates of a month'?
Could not solve entirely. But kept trying to solve till he asked me to stop. Although, I reached till a partially correct stage (HR agreed to it).

HR: No problem, That's all from me. Do you have any questions for me?
NO.

HR: Okay, Good. It was nice meeting you Tufail.
Me: It was nice meeting you too Sir. Have a nice day.

HR: You too. Best of luck.

On the 5th of March, in the evening, I got an e-mail that was ecstasy for me. Golden words for any fresher - "You have been selected"

All you guys, don't worry!!! Be confident, perform well and 'Consider IT done'. See you in Syntel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. Hi There,

    Zoooooooom! That’s how speedy and easy this read was! Looking forward to more of such powerful content on Syntel Interview Experience-1

    In a programming languge, we declare variables as follows:
    var name1,name2,.... : integer;
    othername1,othername2,... : real;
    otherothername1,... : boolean;
    other4name1,... : char;

    (a) Write a real life example of a variable declaration in this language.
    (b) Construct the syntactic diagram (this is about circles,squares and arrows
    and pretty frustrating, arrgh!)
    (c) Define the variables in Backus-Naur form.
    (d) Write the associated LEX program in C.
    (e) Define the tokens, lexemes and patterns existing in this process.
    (e) Define a formal expression regarding variable declaration in this language
    and construct the relevant finite automaton.

    Super likes !!! for this amazing post. I thinks everyone should bookmark this.


    Thanks,
    Preethi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha,


    A really interesting, clear and easily readable #topic article of interesting and different perspectives. I will clap. So much is so well covered here.


    Using C Prog, Dev a prog that will play a number guessing game. The prog should allow users to enter their 3 numbers (between 0-9). You must store the 3 numbers in a 1D array.

    You prog should use functions. The prog should display a simple menu to the user and each option in the menu will be implemented by calling a separate function. You must use pointer notation to access array elements-NOT subscripts.

    1. Enter 3 selected numbers
    2. Display the contents of the 1D array containing the numbers you entered.
    3. Compare your chosen lotto numbers in the 1D array with eh following winning numbers: 1,3, 5

    Return to the main() function how many numbers the use entered correctly and display this.

    4. Reverse the contents of the 1D array containing the numbers the user entered correctly and display this.


    Thanks a lot. This was a perfect step-by-step guide. Don’t think it could have been done better.


    Kind Regards,

    ReplyDelete