Polaris Interview Experience-1

Polaris Interview Experience - Hyderabad, December 14, 2015 - CVR College of Engineering

Hi guys, I've attended for the Polaris company, the selection process in polaris includes the following 3 steps.

1. Written exam.
2. GD.
3. Personal interview.

Written exam consists of 50 questions which covered from all the sections of quants equally starting from numbers and system to clocks, it includes logical question and also 4-5 verbal questions the verbal section is also an easy one, they have given the familiar words. To crack this round the prerequisite is one must know the basics of all the sections. It was a surprise test for us, they didn't informed us that they were coming, even though I cracked the exam, because it was the simple math sums quite similar to AMCAT problems.

In group discussion they have given the topic Swatch Bharat, but they have divided the groups based on alphabetical order, so I was the last member in my group. First they asked us to give the individual opinions for 2 mins, I have no points to tell because all the points were covered by other group members, somehow I have managed. Second they asked to start GD, here their is chance to add some points if you have missed in the first time, I have done well in this round and was selected for interview. Remember do speak but without grammatical mistakes and with confidence. In a group of 12 they have selected 11 members, that shows only what matters is to speak so that you can crack GD.

We had to go to Polaris company for interview which is located in Gachibowli, firstly I was shocked to see the campus because its my first MNC which I've entered into. Even security guards room was equipped with AC, that amazes me very much. After some time we've entered into the office, they served us with snacks. The interview in polaris is quite different from others, they will ask you different situations and asks what will you do in that situation and how will you react it, all of them says real life problems, it lasts for 25-30 mins. I was lucky the interviewer is very much friendly to me. He asked many questions, I remember only some of them.

1. How was the company?

2. Tell me about yourself?

3. Differences b/w C and JAVA, explained for 5 mins and was very much impressed for my answer felt positive.

4. Why is your % keep varying from 10th to B.Tech. Explained with examples.

5. Asked who's your best friend and asked phone no then said can I call to your friend and ask about your behaviour I said yes, he leaved the panel and returned after sometime.

6. Asked about 2 moments that you have felt proud about you.

7. Diff between Software and Hardware.

8. Software means?

9. Asked to correlate your strengths with your real life example. Said confidently.

If they asks are you willing to relocate and flexible for night shifts, you can be sure about getting a job, which happened to me. After one week the results were out, and I was among 9 members. Be confident and maintain eye contact, that's more than enough, tell about yourself but not a fake story.

It was my 4th interview, I was very much frustrated because all of my friends got placed in companies. one of my friends said that "SUCCESS MAY BE DELAYED BUT NOT DENIED" its true something better is waiting for you, you must not loose confidence. It happened to me the immediate next day of polaris, we have HP company, I was placed in that too..:-). So don't loose hope believe in your instincts. My experience will helps you. Please share your experience it may build confidence about getting a job and an idea that how the interview process will be.

Good luck to those who've been trying for job and congrats to the people who got placed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Polaris Interview Experience - Hyderabad, December 5, 2015

Hi everyone,I am here to share my interview experience in Polaris.

The interview process comprised of 3 rounds.

Round 1:

Online aptitude+logical test which comprised of 50 questions, a basic knowledge in aptitude is enough for cracking the first round.

Round 2:

Group discussion: Topic (Ad's are good or bad).

The only way to clear this round is to gain an impression of having ability to speak.

Round 3:

Technical and HR Interview.

There were about 5 panels. I was called into the panel no.5 for the interview luckily the interviewer is the one who conducted GD for our group.

Me: Good afternoon, sir.
HR: Hi take your seat.

Me: Thank you, sir.
HR: Explain me about your project.

No introduction this time as I already known to him.

Me: I explained about my project including UML, ER diagrams and gave a crystal clear description of my project.

He examined my resume and asked me the experience you got working as an enumerator in the Telangana Kutumbha survey, I told some bla bla stuff related to the village and the people living there where I was appointed as an enumerator.

HR: Programming languages you are good at?
ME: C, Java.

HR asked me some basic questions related to C and Java and then asked me to write a simple swapping of two numbers without using third variable in Java. I wrote and he checked my Java Programming skills asking the definitions of polymorphism, encapsulation etc.

HR: Then he asked me how good you are in SQL.
ME: I said that I am not too perfect but I am good at basics.

He asked me to tell the concepts you are good in SQL.

In response to it I told around 6-10 names of the concepts I am good at SQL.

Then HR said that you are done with your interview and asked me to ask any questions related to the company.

I asked about the position of mine if I got selected into the company.

He explained me.

And after about weekdays later they sent us mail regarding the shortlisted students only 4 members have got selected luckily I am the one among those four.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Polaris Software Lab Ltd Interview Experience - Nagpur, October 12, 2015

Hi, whoever going to attend Polaris, it is going to be an little bit easy task.

First round : They call it as PAT, where 50 basic aptitude questions were asked. It requires just basic knowledge of Aptitude and topics in test are Numbers, P&C and some verbal questions. 50 questions within 70 minutes. From 300 students only 90 crack the PAT.

My tip: Solve only 40 questions correctly and check it carefully. After that go rest questions.

Most important no negative marking and calculator is allow cutoff = 30.

Second round : HR - Depending on the HR, it would be a technical or a personal. They ask me about introduction, about project prepare well about your final year project. As I am ECE they ask me about why do you want to join software company as you are ECE? The HR is so nice to me. They are just checking your communication skills that how you present yourself.

After 2 days my college TNP officer tell me that you are selected. Happy now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Polaris Interview Experience - Nagpur

First there was online test which was not much difficult.

Preparation from R. S. Aggrawal is more than sufficient. After 2 days result of apti was cleared. Then after some days there was GD and interview on same day.

Only one HR sir was there who took both GD and interview. GD was the major elimination process. Only about 17 students cleared out of 49 students so please pay special attention in GD. My topic of GD was role of women in development of society.

My advice is don't speak too much or too less and while speaking please speak relevant content. In interview HR sir mostly asked questions on major and mini project.

Others were general questions such as what is cookies, sessions? What is difference between different browsers? So have some general questions related to computer world prepared for interview.

After some days result was declared and I was one of the selected candidates. All the best for your process.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Polaris Interview Experience - Mumbai, March 14, 2015

Hi everyone,

The cutoff for polaris was 70% and only 53 students came for pool recruitment process.

First round was aptitude test. It was taken online by mettl online assessment test. It consist of quant and logical questions. Total questions were 50.

After aptitude 23 were shortlisted.

As there were only 23 students group discussion round was not taken.

Then HR/TR round was taken. Questions asked were:

Introduce yourself?

You have interest in which industry?

Where do you see yourself after 5 years?

What projects were done by you?

I explained the mini project and also final year project. He asked a lot of questions on final year project. I had also done eyantra project of IIT bombay. So I explained him whole idea of project.

What challenges you faced while doing project?

What is most important for a project to succeed?

Then he shook hands while leaving.

After 5 days I got mail that I got selected.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment